Accessing the Matillion ETL Client (Google Cloud Platform)
- For help launching Matillion ETL, see Launching Matillion ETL for BigQuery.
- For help creating your first Project, see Create Project (BigQuery).
- For help in adding credentials, see Manage Credentials.
The instructions below will guide you to finding the necessary details to connect to your launched Matillion ETL instance. This guide assumes for the most part that you have not set up custom user logins on the instance and will be requiring default login details.
Accessing Matillion ETL on Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine)
1. Log into Google Cloud console and browse to VM Instances via the left-hand menu (or search).
2. From the list, click the instance you wish to access.
3. From the new page, scroll down until you find the Primary Internal and External IP addresses.
4. Use the IP addresses listed to access the instance via your internet browser.
5. To get the password for this instance, scroll to the top of the Azure Portal page for your VM Instance and click Edit.
6. Scroll down to Custom Metadata and your default password will be stored in the RandomUserPassword metadata.
7. The default login name for new instances is gcp-user. Combined with the above password, this can be used to access the Matillion ETL client.
Note: This is for default (initial) logins only and may not grant you access to the instance if an admin has already defined user logins via User Configuration.